Update: A new video is uploaded to address the inaccurate content in relation to the Admin and Remote Access features of FIBARO Home Automation System.
Recently, there are many reports discussing security holes on smart devices and home automation systems.
At Liferoome, we believe the FIBARO Home Automation system is one of the most secure system on the market today. Check out the video below so you can make up your own mind.
Reputable home automation manufacturers such as FIBARO will always act quickly to issue security & firmware updates as and when they become aware of vulnerability to minimise the risk to their customers.
Furthermore, you can minimise risks if you observe the following general security best practices.
- Use strong passwords
- Keep your passwords in a safe place
- Maintain security patches (operating system & software)
- Don't open suspicious emails
- Don't click on suspicious links
- Don't run scripts/software from untrusted sources
- Ensure your home WiFi network is password protected (and WPA2 encrypted)
- Maintain up-to-date Anti-virus software
- Take precautions on social networking sites